Virginia Law Firm Litigates on Behalf of Your Business
More than 45 years of combined experience ...
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you will need outside help to resolve. At Best Law Offices, P.C., our knowledgeable commercial lawyers have more than 40 years of combined experience in alternative dispute resolution and civil court trials in state and federal courts. We have the knowledge and experience to help your business in cases related to:
- Antitrust, unfair practices, and trade regulation violations
- Breach of contract
- Breach of warranty
- Business torts
- Construction law
- Real Estate
- Creditor collections
- Unfair competition
- Tortious interference
- Lost profits
- Constractor / subcontractor disputes
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
Recovery from breach of contract ...
When a party to a contract fails to perform, that party damages the other business. This damage often goes beyond the immediate inconvenience of getting less than promised by the contract. The breach can also cost you future profits if you are unable to serve your clients as a result. The skilled attorneys at Best Law Offices, P.C. can help you achieve the best legal remedy for a breach of contract, such as:
- Compensatory damages - reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damanges - compensation for additional forensic losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs - amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages - amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance - court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages - penalty for a party's objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties form acting in a similar manner
- Recission - cancellation of the contract with both sides excused from further prformance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation - change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunerstanding by the parties aboutwhat was to be performed.
Affordable alternatives to a civil suit ...
The cost of traditional litigation can easily exceed the amount of the contract. Fortunately there are various means of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration, which are less costly and quicker than civil lawsuits but can deliver the same remedies. Our skilled negotiators have successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation hearings and have settled lawsuits prior to trial, saving our clients expenses and getting their businesses back on track.
Contract a dependable Hampton Roads law firm to get your business moving again
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, you need to take action. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Contact Best Law Offices, P.C. online or call us at 757.624.1800 to schedule an appointment.